Screws for Metal Assemblies
The best screws for metal assemblies
CELO offers a wide range of screws for the assembly of steel, aluminum, magnesium and light alloy parts. The optimal solution will depend on hole configuration, assembly mechanical requirements and installation parameters.
Quick selector of thread forming screws for metal
There are different solutions for the assembly of steel or light alloys. The optimal screw to be used in each case will depend on hole configuration, mechanical requirements and installation parameters. The table below offers a quick guide to select the right screw depending on the material and hole the configuration.
- Sheet metal assembly, thickness greater than d/3: TAPTITE 2000® screw
- Thin metal sheet, thickness less than d/3: FASTITE 2000® screw
- Light alloys, Magnesium and Aluminum: TAPTITE 2000® or REMFORM® II F™ screw
- Steel or light alloys with tapped holes: POWERLOK® screw
- Steel or light alloys with tapped holes contaminated with paint, welding or other materials: KLEERLOK® screw
- Aluminum extruded open holes: REMFORM® II F™ screw
Contact us for further insights on the product that best suits your project.
|Type of material|
|Aluminum - Extruded|
thickness < d/3
REMFORM® II F™
Expert assistance and custom solutions
Our Application Engineers can provide support to select your best assembly solutions. Our laboratories are at your disposal to carry out the necessary suitability tests (threading, failure torque, pull-out resistance, etc.) to determine the thread type that best meets your application requirements.
Our technicians at CELO test laboratories provide technical reports with valuable data on screw capabilities for specific customer applications. Towards joint analysis and mechanical testing which include screw insertion, threading, failure, loosening torque and pull-out tests, we recommend the optimal solution to best meet your application requirements.
Additionally, to verify that the dimensions of the selected screws conform to your design, CELO offers you the possibility to download the 3D files of our products.
Our team of experts is ready to support you