FASTITE® 2000™ screw
When to choose FASTITE® 2000™ screw?
How does it work?
FASTITE® 2000™ screws have been specially designed for the assembly into untapped holes in thin aluminium and steel sheets.
- Twin-lead helix provides starting stability.
- Special extruding point increases the thread engagement length during screw insertion.
- Increased core diameter approaching the underside of the head causes additional forward and backward extrusion to increase thread engagement.
- Eliminates the problem of stripping or loose assemblies with self-tapping screws: unthreaded length below the head is larger than the thickness of the assembly, causing the screw to clip the sheet.
- Assembly costs reduction by eliminating the thread tapping process when using machine screws and sheet extrusion.
- Optimized thread engagement provides high pull-out and vibration loosening resistance.
- Twin-lead thread increases stripping resistance.
- Clockwise under head serrations increase resistance to stripping.
- TRILOBULAR® thread section provides low threading torque and improves ergonomics.
- The special extruding point ensures an excellent alignment and hole finding, which provides a secure and tight assembly.
- Possibility of piercing thin materials with the optional cut off point.
- It is an efficient alternative to high cost elements as threaded inserts and caged nuts.
Downloads & Services
3D File Download
Screw design specifications
We produce customized FASTITE® 2000™ screws to fit your exact requirements. To improve their functionality, FASTITE® 2000™ screws can be produced under different head designs, recess, dimensions and coating configuration.
Additionally, we offer a wide range of FASTITE® 2000™ screws in stock for immediate delivery.
For further information on the options available, please contact our application engineers.
Pilot hole diameter guidelines
In order to ensure a safe installation and stable mechanical resistance, it's relevant to pay attention to the pilot hole diameter.
The recommended dimensions for pilot hole diameter for different plate thickness are available at Design Guidelines.