plastic PCB screws have been especially designed to solve assembly problems with thin hard plastics and for the assembly on printed circuit boards (PCB).
In the assembly on thin hard plastic parts with standard screws for plastic, the lenght of engagement is not long enough to avoid stripping and guarantee correct pull-out resistance of the asssembly.
PCB screws solve stripping and bursting problems, offering great opportunities to reduce the cost of the assembly.
In the assembly of thin hard plastics:
• Reduce boss bursting risk.
• Improve resistance to stripping.
• Allow for a higher assembly torque.
In the assembly on PCBs:
• The head of the screw is set directly on the connector, avoiding interference with the tracks.
• Direct fixing without damaging the PCB.
• Higher resistance to vibration loosening.
• Twin-lead thread increases threading speed.
We produce under special demand to fit your exact requirements. To improve their functionality, PCB screws can be produced under different head styles, recess, dimensions and coating configuration.
For further information on options available and boss design recommendation, please contact our applications engineers.
• Assemblies on thin hard plastic.
• Assembly of components on printed circuit boards.