- Our production expertise
- Cold forming screws
- Fasteners Heat treatment
- Zinc and aluminum flake lamellar coating
- Fasteners quality assurance
- CELOsmart® inspection system
Zinc and aluminum flake lamellar coating
Zinc Flake organic coating offers high performance corrosion protection and long durability on the screws, without risk of hydrogen embrittlement.
The process consists on zinc and aluminum lamella flakes dissolved in a solvent base. The combination of different bases and topcoats enables it customization for specific requirements: corrosion resistance improvement, specific color or friction coefficient with integrated lubricants or applied over the base coat.
For CELO’s range of products, the organic coating is applied in a non-electrolytic dip-spin and the final polymerization takes place in an oven at 200ºC. We can produce in many different colors, being grey, black and blue the most widely used.
The main advantages of Zinc Flake Lamellar coating are detailed below:
- Excellent corrosion resistance, from 240h to 720h, higher values can be obtained for certain dimensions.
- No risk of hydrogen embrittlement as it's not an electrolytic process and no hydrogen is involved in the application process.
- Solvent resistance.
- It complies with ELV and RoHS European Environmental Directives, it's free of Cr VI, Cadmium, Lead and Mercury.