When to choose TAPTITE II® screw?

How does it work?

Only 15% of all assembly costs corresponds to the screws. TAPTITE II® screws are specially designed to reduce the remaining 85%.

  • TAPTITE II® screws create a resistant and uniform thread into untapped holes with the tolerance of a machine thread.
  • During thread forming process, TRILOBULAR® design reduces friction and allows for more ergonomic assembly torque.
  • Progressive point allows for excellent axial alignment, requiring very low end load.
  • Thread forming by material lamination avoids chips creation.
  • Material displaced during threading flows to fill the space between the lobes and eliminates the tolerance between the screw and the nut member.


  • It reduces assemblies’ overall costs. It eliminates the need to pre-tap and all the associated costs when using machine screws.
  • Thread is formed by lamination to avoid chips and ensure a high pull-out and stripping resistance.
  • Low threading torque and perfect axial alignment.
  • High prevailing torque ensures clamping and vibration loosening resistance.
  • The nut created is compatible with machine screws.

Need to get in touch? Contact us to discuss your application.

Contact us

Downloads & Services

3D CAD Files

Screw design specifications

Apart from the references available in stock, we produce customized screws to fit your exact requirements. To improve their functionality, TAPTITE II® screws can be produced under different head types, recess, dimensions and coating configurations.

For further information on options available, please contact our application engineers.

Our team of experts is ready to support you.

Contact us

Pilot hole diameter guidelines

In order to ensure a safe installation and stable clamping force, it's relevant to pay attention to the pilot hole diameter.

The recommended dimensions for core hole diameter and length of engagement are available at Design Guidelines.