Light alloys and magnesium assemblies.
REMFORM® II F™ thread forming screws are specially designed for the assembly of Magnesium, Aluminum light alloy and other non-ferrous materials including copper, brass, etc.
REMFORM® II F™ screws benefits
- Great cost saving opportunities by reducing the operations associated to metric screws.
- Thread design ensures thread forming in pilot holes with a wide tolerance, avoiding blockage and stripping problems.
- Less radial deformation of the housing during thread forming on low ductility materials.
- Low thread forming torque, which provides a more ergonomic assembly.
- High stripping resistance of the assemblies.
- Greater thread engagement, allowing for its use in shallow holes and ensuring greater clamping transmission and pull-out resistance.
REMFORM® II F™ screws design specifications
Current stock references are included below:
- F281PA - Pan head screw, TORX® Plus AUTOSERT® recess
- F287PA - Pan head flange screw, TORX® Plus AUTOSERT® recess
Apart from the references available in stock, we produce customized screws to fit your exact requirements.
To improve their functionality, REMFORM® II F™ screws can be produced under different head types, recess, dimensions and coating configurations.
For further information on options available, please contact our application engineers.
Recommended pilot hole sizes for REMFORM® II F™ screws
Recommended dimensions for hole diameter and length of engagement are available at DESIGN GUIDELINES.
REMFORM® II F™ screws applications
REMFORM® II F™ screws are recommended for:
See products in stock
- Magnesium elements with drilled, injected or punched holes.
- Aluminum profiles with open holes.