The best in its class for highly demanding plastic assemblies.
The improvements of thread forming REMFORM® II™ “HS” (High Strength) screws result in a more resistant, safe and optimized assembly on fiber-reinforced thermoplastics with great opportunities for cost reduction.
REMFORM® II HS™ screws benefits
- The optimized design of its asymmetrical thread provides a more ergonomic assembly and increases resistance to pull-out forces, vibration loosening and stripping.
- The low radial forces minimize the risk of overstressing and cracking of the plastic. It allows for bosses with less external diameter, which offers great opportunities for cost reduction.
- High torsional strength of REMFORM® II HS™ fasteners ensures a high torque failure, which is an advantage when the fastener is used with high strength or fiber-reinforced thermoplastics.
- It allows a higher assembly torque and the possibility to work with deeper assemblies without increasing the screw diameter.
REMFORM® II HS™ screws design specifications
Current stock references are included below:
- HS81PA - Pan head screw, TORX® Plus AUTOSERT® recess
- HSX81PA - Pan head screw, TORX® Plus AUTOSERT® recess, INOX A2
- HS87PA - Pan head flange screw, TORX® Plus AUTOSERT® recess
- HS82PA - Countersunk head, TORX® Plus AUTOSERT® recess
Apart from the above mentioned references, we produce customized screws to fit your exact requirements.
To improve their functionality, REMFORM® II HS™ screws can be produced in different head types, recess, dimensions and coating configuration.
For further information on the options available, please contact our application engineers.
REMFORM®II "HS boss design recommendations
The recommended dimensions for the hole diameter and length of engagement are available at DESIGN GUIDELINES.
REMFORM® II HS™ screws applications
REMFORM® II™ “HS” screws are recommended for assemblies on high strength or fiber-reinforced materials that require
- High assembly torque.
- High pull-out resistance.
- High resistance to vibration loosening.
Automotive, electric material, electronics and household appliances. See products in stock